Tupper Lake Goff-Nelson Memorial Library

41 Lake Street
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: 518-359-9421
Fax: 518-554-1019
Geolocation:

Tupper Lake Goff-Nelson Memorial Library

About

The Goff-Nelson Memorial Library in Tupper Lake was formed in 1914. Their library holdings include about 40,000 items and special collections on Adirondack history.

Tupper Lake Goff-Nelson Memorial Library is a member of the Northern New York Library Network.

Collections

Actors in "The Avalon" play

This series contains photographs that document various arts programs in Tupper Lake ranging from community drama, local music groups and school bands, arts and crafts, and theater.

First Trust Opening

This series contains photographs of several banks in Tupper Lake. Photographs include interior and exterior shots, grand openings, and bank officials from 1905 to approximately 1980.

View of Mt. Morris (Big Tupper) from a distance

This series contains photographs that document the various stages of Mt. Morris, or “Big Tupper,” as well as Big Tupper’s predecessor, SugarLoaf Ski Center.

First Barber Shop in Tupper Lake

The photographs in this series document a variety of businesses over Tupper Lake’s history from approximately 1880 to 2005.

Family Photo 1

This series includes a great number of photographs of various citizens from approximately 1860 to 2010 including candid pictures of individuals, group shots at various events.

St. Alphonsus Church Fire

This series includes photographs showing both natural and man-made disasters that occured in Tupper Lake from1899 to approximately 2010. This includes floods, fires, murder, car accidents, low water, and wind storms.

Tupper Lake High School Yearbook

This collection contains issues of the Tupper Lake High School yearbooks, as well as commencement programs and senior annuals, published between 1917 and 1978.

Tupper Lake Public Library Photograph Collection

This collection of photographs shows a wide variety of persons, natural landmarks, buildings, and other images of Tupper Lake and the surrounding area, dating between 1889 and 1997.