Library Photographs from the Goff-Nelson Memorial Library Photograph Collection
The area around Tupper Lake was first settled in 1844, and since very soon thereafter it has served as a major lumber producer in New York State.
Scope of Collection
This series documents the history of the Goff-Nelson Memorial Library from 1963 to approximately 2010. Series includes original construction during the 1970s, the addition of the children’s wing in 1999, and parking lot construction. In addition, the series includes interior and exterior photos, photos of open-house events, children’s story time, library plants, staff holiday parties, artwork and display cases, community quilt shows, and the basement flood of 1996. Some photographs also show the previous library before the newer building was constructed in 1972.