Businesses Photographs from the Goff-Nelson Memorial Library Photograph Collection
Dates of Original:
Approximately 1880 - 2005
The area around Tupper Lake was first settled in 1844, and since very soon thereafter it has served as a major lumber producer in New York State.
Scope of Collection
The photographs in this series document a variety of businesses over Tupper Lake’s history from approximately 1880 to 2005. The series includes hotels, bars, restaurants, grocery stores, butcher shops, garages, mechanic shops, car dealerships, pharmacies, museums, theaters, and other miscellaneous shops. Interior and exterior shots are included. One highlight in the collection is the Ginsberg’s Department Store.
Browse within this collection
Scope and Content Source:
Most photographs are undated and contain little to none identifying information. Therefore, names, dates, and locations, if not exactly known, are estimated.
Browse similar collections
NYH Topic Areas: