The Heart's Delight Farm in Chazy, New York started as William Henry Miner's homestead of 144 acres in 1903. By 1918 the farm had grown to over 12,000 acres. With that expansion came the needed construction for the employment and logistics for over 750 employees. A 20 bedroom guesthouse and entertainment center, Harmony Hall was built to accommodate visitors.
William H. Miner earned his fortune by developing inventions related to railroad rigging.
Scope of Collection
This collection contains the original and modified blueprints and maps of the expansion, including the guesthouse and entertainment center. The collection also includes maps of the expanded farmstead, which included 4,000 acres of tillable land, 2,000 acres of pasture, and 6,000 acres of woods. There are blueprints and design drawings for many of the farm buildings, including the piggery, horse and cow barn, meat storage house, hennery, pump house, powerhouse, sheep barn, and wagon shed. Also included in the collection are maps of Chazy and blueprints of Chazy Central School.