Little Falls Public Library
Little Falls, NY 13365
Cheyenne Aney - email@example.com
Originally opened in 1814, the library moved between several locations throughout Little Falls before settling in the donated Victorian house of Judge Rollin Hulbert Smith in 1912, where it remains today. Judge Smith donated his home and his own private library, his wife's extensive collection of Anglo-American china, an extensive art collection, furnishings, and funds to maintain the new library. It was specified that the parlor and reading room remain unchanged.
Officially opening in its new location in January 1912 with Miss Mabel E. Richards as the first librarian, many changes came to the library over time. There have been renovations and additions with attention to detail being paid to ensure that new additions would blend with the historic old house. All in all, there's been a new library entrance, new space for books, a community room for events and programming, an elevator, a room for teens, new interior decorating and furniture, and a renovation of a new children's center with repairs to the library's stairs and sidewalks. Today, as it was when it first began, the Little Falls Public Library remains a vital and cherished part of the Little Falls community.
Little Falls Public Library is a member of the Central New York Library Resources Council.