Broome County Public Library
Binghamton, New York 13901
The Broome County Public Library opened in October 1904. Originally called the Binghamton Public Library, it was created with a gift of $75,000 from Andrew Carnegie. The building was designed to serve as both a public library and a community center. On the first floor was a collection of 14,000 books and the second floor housed the library's auditorium, the Binghamton Museum of Fine Arts (now part of
Roberson Museum) and the Broome County Historical Society.
Broome County Public Library is a member of the South Central Regional Library Council.