Brentwood Public Library
Brentwood , New York 11717-4642
Peter Ward - email@example.com
The Brentwood Public Library first opened its doors to the public in 1937 in the cloakroom of the old firehouse located on First Avenue. During the next twenty-four years, the library was housed in a building on First Avenue ( then the Annex of the Brentwood Public Schools' Administration Building) and eventually moved to a small building on the southwest corner of Third Avenue and Fourth Street.
The library was relocated to a new building in 1961 on the corner of Second Avenue and Fourth Street. During the next twenty years, this building was enlarged numerous times. In 1986, the residents of Brentwood approved the construction of a new library building to be located on the same site.
Today's library, dedicated on April 1, 1990, provides the entire community with a modern facility, handicapped accessible, equipped to meet current and future informational and, cultural and recreational needs.
Brentwood Public Library is a member of the Long Island Library Resources Council.
History books on Brentwood and Long Island, NY.
Correspondence and historical records from Brentwood, NY.
Historical photographs of Brentwood, NY.
Pen and Ink drawings of Brentwood, NY.
Historic postcards and advertisements of Brentwood, NY.
Collection of materials relating to Dr. Edward Newbery.
Photo album of historic Brentwood family.
Blueprints used in the construction of Pilgrim State Hospital in the 1930’s.
Materials relating to Stephen Pearl Andrews and his family.
Medical Writings of W.H. Ross