The “Growing Place” is the perfect name for the New Woodstock Free Library. Chartered on June 16, 1939 by New York State, the library has been in continuous community service. As the community grew, so did the library. With this growth came a need for volunteers. The community has not let the library down. Volunteers have manned the library since its inception. The current librarian, Norm Parry, called the volunteers the “heart and soul” of the library.
New Woodstock Free Library is a member of the Central New York Library Resources Council.