The Village of Canastota is located in Madison County, New York. It was originally inhabited by the Oneida Nation and later settled by Europeans. Captain Reuben Perkins was the original founder in 1810, and the village was formally established in 1835. Canastota Union Free School and Academy was established in 1882 and had a large student population. Today, the Canastota Central School District is still a growing educational institution, with four schools making up the district.
Scope of Collection
The Canastota Schools Collection contains school souvenirs, including programs, newsletters and photos of Canastota students in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.