Buildings and Street Scenes of Auburn, NY
Cayuga County was founded in 1799, on land split from Onondaga County. Cayuga County occupies land which is the traditional territory of the Cayuga and Seneca Nations of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy.
The city of Auburn was founded in 1793. Originally known as Hardenbergh's Corners, the settlement was renamed Auburn in 1805 when it became the county seat. It became an incorporated village in 1815, and was chartered as a city in 1848.
Scope of Collection
This collection contains photographs of the city of Auburn NY, featuring downtown businesses, residences, city buildings, banking institutions, and hotels.
Browse within this collection
Browse similar collections
NYH Topic Areas: