Voorheesville Public Library
Voorheesville, New York 12186
518-765-2791 - email@example.com
The Voorheesville Public Library was established in 1915 by residents of the Village of Voorheesville to serve as the community's information center. The library was open five hours/week and housed a collection of about 700 books in a space located in the Village Firehouse. In 1929 the library was moved to 32 Main Street until 1988 when the library moved to its current location at 51 School Road where it hosts a collection of nearly 50,000 items. The library’s digital collection includes records documenting the people, places, and events of the Village of Voorheesville and to a lesser extent the Town of New Scotland.
Voorheesville Public Library is a member of the Capital District Library Council.
The Scoutmaster of Troop 73, Howard C. Coughtry, created this collection about the troop's civic and recreational activities.
Military Memories & Veterans' Voices was a program held at the Library on December 3rd, 2017. The collection consists of five oral histories and photographs.
The collection includes records documenting the people, places, and events of the Village of Voorheesville and to a lesser extent the Town of New Scotland.