Macedon Public Library
Macedon, NY 14502
June Hamell - 315.986.5932 - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Macedon Public Library began as the Macedon Reading Center in March of 1961. Just over ten years later in January 1972 the Reading Center was chartered as the Macedon Public Library. The Macedon Public Library staff is dedicated to connecting people and ideas leading to the delight of all members, regardless of age, with outstanding customer service, a wide variety of library events scheduled monthly and a diverse collection of resources. The library houses a Victorian Era collection of over 6000 books placed in the library’s care by a prominent local family, the Bullis family. In this collection there are also letters, photos, sales brochures, and other ephemera of that era.
Macedon Public Library is a member of the Rochester Regional Library Council.
This collection includes the Bullis Family & Friends Album. In 1837, Charles Bullis settled in Macedon, NY with his wife Eleanor. Charles attended Geneva Medical College and became one of Macedon's first physicians. Charles and Eleanor had two children, Abraham and Amy. Abraham lived in the Macedon area for his entire life, and earned degrees in Mathematics and Civil Engineering from Cornell University. His daughter Janette "Nettie" was also a lifelong resident of Macedon, and was valedictorian of her high school class in 1911. The photos in this collection were taken in the mid-1800's through the early 1900's and include both family and friends.