1204 South Geddes Street
Syracuse, NY 13204 Phone: 315.435.3797
Contact: Janet Park - 315.435.3797 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mundy Branch Library is the newest branch library facility in the city of Syracuse, incorporating modern technology with traditional library services. It serves the Westside, Southwest and Strathmore neighborhoods and their schools: Bellevue, Blodgett, Delaware, Roberts, Seymour, Most Holy Rosary, Shea and Fowler.
Mundy Branch was named after Ezekiel Wilson Mundy, city librarian from 1880 until his retirement in 1916. It opened its doors in 1917 as a station in Salt City Store at 401 S. Geddes Street. Its location changed three times before settling into its present home at 1204 S. Geddes Street in 1988.
Mundy Branch offers a wide array of popular books, magazines, videos, DVDs, audiobooks on cassette and compact disc, computer software, large print materials and music CDs for loan to people of all ages. We specialize in Spanish, English and bilingual materials for Hispanic customers living locally and throughout Onondaga County.
In addition, the library provides programs of interest to adults, children and families. These include an annual summer Music and Ice Cream Social, a book sale each fall, Thursday morning story times, afterschool craft activities and a countywide reading program for children and teens each summer. We sponsor our own year round reading program called Tails to Tell. This is a fun and rewarding opportunity for elementary school-age children to read one-on-one to a real, live and gentle dog. See the above link for more information.
Onondaga County Public Library - Mundy Branch Library is a member of the Central New York Library Resources Council.