Nazareth College was founded in 1924, originally as a Catholic women’s college. The College continued to grow, expanding from its original campus location, as well as becoming coeducational and independent of religious congregation.
Scope of Collection
There are over 200 photographs spanning Nazareth College’s existence from the 1920s through 2000s. The bulk of the photographs date from the mid-20th century. Many photographs are undated. Views include college buildings, campus events, student productions, class portraits, and individual portraits of students and faculty. There are aerial views of the campus and images of the original college building on Lake Avenue. These photographs relate to the history of Nazareth College.