Horton and Morrison Family Collection
Horton and Morrison Hall is the architectural centerpiece of the College. The mansion was built between 1902 and 1907 as a family residence by Webb Horton, a successful tanner and industrialist. Horton’s son, Eugene, bequeathed the mansion and surrounding property to his cousin John Horton Morrison. In 1950, Morrison’s spouse, Christine, donated the mansion and 16-acre estate to house Orange County Community College.
Scope of Collection
This collection includes portraits of the Horton family, as well as photographs of the mansion’s construction.