Gazette & Farmers' Journal Collection
The first newspaper in Baldwinsville, New York was published in the spring of 1844 by Samuel West and was entitled the Baldwinsville Republican. In October 1846, it was transferred to C. Mark Hosmer and renamed the Onondaga Gazette. In 1846 it became the Gazette and Farmers' Journal.
Scope of Collection
The Gazette and Farmers Journal Fiftieth Anniversary Edition 1846-1896 is a souvenir edition of the newspaper for its first 50 years - 1846-1896. It was published by W.F. Morris Publishing Co. the publisher of the "Gazette". It has many biographic items about noted people; the government; civic organizations; as well as other items of historic interest.
The Gazette and Farmers Journal Centennial Edition 1896-1946 was originally published in 1846. It was published by the Gazette and Farmers Journal for its centennial and included information for the years 1896-1946. It contains items of local historic interest for the years 1896-1946.