Erieville Nelson Historic Collection

Cover Image:
Erieville Nelson Historic Collection
Elsbree, George and Emma at 3199 Tinsley Road, Erieville - Image Source

Collection Facts

Dates of Original:
c. 1880 - 1950

Historical Context

The area that would form the Town of Nelson was acquired by New York State following treaties with the Oneida and Tuscarora tribes following the American Revolutionary War. The town was established in 1807, from a portion of the town of Cazenovia, and named after an English naval hero, Horatio Nelson. Erieville is a small hamlet located in the southern portion of the town of Nelson, near Tuscarora Lake. Tuscarora Lake, also known as Erieville Reservoir, was constructed to serve as a feeder for the Erie Canal.

Scope of Collection

The Erieville-Nelson Historic collection contains photographs that share the history of the Erieville and Nelson areas. Photographs include images of landmarks, people, and structures during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.

Browse within this collection

Additional Information

Scope and Content Source:

Browse similar collections

Collection Type: