This collection contains photographs of Ellis Hospital, which is located in Schenectady, NY. Ellis Hospital opened on March 27, 1893 after local businessman Charles G. Ellis bequeathed $25,000 in order to open the hospital. During the early 1900s, Ellis Hospital kept pace with Schenectady's population boom and moved to several locations in order to expand. It's current location on Nott Street was built in 1906. Several additions and expansions would be built just to keep up with Schenectady's population and their injuries and illnesses.
Scope of Collection
This collection is composed of photographs of Ellis Hospital in Schenectady, NY. Many of the photographs in this collection are of the exterior and interior of the hospital, as well as the construction of new hospital buildings and their additions and expansions. Photographs in this collection also show the staff of Ellis Hospital testing out equipment, caring for patients, or working in other capacities.
The collection was donated to Schenectady County Historical Society by Ellis Hospital.