Clarkson University History Collection
Named for Northern New York entrepreneur Thomas S. Clarkson, Clarkson University was founded in 1896 in Potsdam, New York, first as the Thomas S. Clarkson school of Technology, then becoming the Thomas S. Clarkson Memorial College of technology, then Clarkson University in 1984.
Scope of Collection
The collection contains photographs and other materials relating to the history of Clarkson University. Included are numerous photographs of the Old Main building, as well as numerous items relating to the first women to attend the university in 1904, as well as another class containing women (the first at that university in 57 years) from 1964.