Nassau Free Library
18 Church St.
Nassau, New York 12123
Laurenne Teachout - 518-766-2715 - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nassau Free Library was organized in 1881. The first space was upstairs over Clapper’s Meat Market at the corner of Maiden and Church Streets. $25 a year was charged as rent. Five years later the library moved into the Huested Building at the corner of Elm and Church Streets. Then in 1893 the library incorporated and moved into the current building on Church Street. The structure was purchased from the Reformed Church for $200. The collection, at that time, numbered 425 books and a circulation of 1,650.
Nassau Free Library is a member of the Capital District Library Council.