Lake Placid-North Elba Historical Society
Lake Placid, NY 12946
The Lake Placid-North Elba Historical Society (the Society) is a membership organization created in 1948 for the purpose of documenting and preserving the history of the Village of Lake Placid and the Town of North Elba in New York State. In 1967, Francis and Louise Brewster, two patrons of the Society purchased the Train Station from the Penn Central Railroad Corporation, which had ceased both passenger and freight operations into Lake Placid. The Station was given to the Society to provide a permanent home for the organization as well as to create a museum. The Society is a 501(c)(3) organization and is chartered by the New York State Board of Regents.
The mission of the Lake Placid-North Elba Historical Society is to preserve and present the community’s history in ways that are educational and enriching for residents and visitors.
Lake Placid-North Elba Historical Society is a member of the Northern New York Library Network.