Historic Red Hook
Red Hook, New York 12571
Claudine Klose - 845-758-1920 - email@example.com
Historic Red Hook is headquartered in the 18th century Elmendorph Inn, the Town of Red Hook's oldest public building. Formed in 2013 by consolidating the Friends of Elmendorph and the Egbert Benson Historical Society of Red Hook, its archival collections include photographs, maps, personal papers and business documents relating to the Town and its residents as well as genealogical information on local families.
Historic Red Hook is a member of the Southeastern New York Library Resources Council.
Presented here are selected images of Red Hook (N.Y) and the Hudson Valley taken by Harriet Martin Dey.
The minute books from Red Hook's two societies for the detection and apprehension of horse thieves.
Selected images from a postcard collection of scenes in the Town of Red Hook, including commercial businesses, private houses, churches and public buildings.
Images showing teachers, students and their ‘one-room’ schoolhouses throughout the Town of Red Hook in Dutchess County.
Board minutes from the Town of Red Hook in Dutchess County.
Images taken by William Seward (Will) Teator (1860-1930), between 1890 and 1910, of Upper Red Hook (N.Y.) scenes, people, family groups, buildings, etc.
A collection of postcards and photographs of Ward Manor in the 1920's. Ward Manor was a home for the poor and elderly as well as a summer camp for youth.