Veterans Vocational School, 1946 - 1952
Veterans Vocational School, located in Troy, New York, opened in 1946. The college focused on training and preparing World War II Veterans for the workforce after the war had ended. Eventually, board members believed the college needed to broaden its academic offerings. In 1953, the college became known as the Hudson Valley Technical Institute and changed names again in 1959 to Hudson Valley Community College. This is the name the college still possesses today.
Scope of Collection
This collection contains photographs and documents relating to Veterans Vocational School.