Town of Henrietta Collection
The Town of Henrietta was founded in 1818. Early settlers named the community for Henrietta Laura Pluteney, Coutness of Bath, England, whose father was an important land investor in the area. Located in Township XII, Range VII of the original Phelps and Gorham Purchase, Henrietta soon became and continues to be the crossroads for Monroe County.
Scope of Collection
The collection includes photographic postcards depicting the Town of Henrietta; a photo album created by an unknown resident which contains portraits and scenes from around the Town; a portrait of early resident Mary Kirby, as well as her diary; and the book Mystic Sweet Communion about the history of the West Henrietta Baptist Church. Many of the materials are not dated, but are from the late 19th and early 20th century