History Center
30 Onderdonk Avenue
Manhasset, NY 11030
Phone: 516-627-2300

Contact: Maggie Gough, Director - 516-627-2300 x348 -


The History Center at the Manhasset Public Library was established in 2015. Its purpose is to collect, preserve, and provide access to records related to the history of Manhasset since the area was first settled on December 13, 1643.

The collection spans the years 1834–2004, and consists of 18 ½ linear feet of material, 1,002 books, and 23 maps/drawings. It documents all aspects of Manhasset history such as religious institutions, the library, fire houses, transportation, schools, historic homes and estates, social life, newspaper clippings, information on the incorporation of villages within the area of Manhasset, commerce, fine and performing arts, and the works of author Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Manhasset Public Library is a member of the Long Island Library Resources Council.