Plattsburgh Normal School
The Plattsburgh normal school was founded in 1889 in the city of Plattsburgh and operated as a school for the training of teachers until 1948 when it became the State University of New York at Plattsburgh. The school was destroyed by fire in 1929, and reconstruction was not completed until 1932
Scope of Collection
This collection contains photographs which depict the Plattsburgh Normal School, showing students, facilities, administrators, and educators. Portraits of several of the school’s principals as professors are included, along with group photographs of both normal school students and practice school students. There are also photographs of Greek organizations as well as preforming groups. There are also images of the 1929 fire and its aftermath.