Methodist Committee for Overseas Relief - The MCOR was founded in 1940 in response to the humanitarian disaster of World War II. One of the primary objectives of the MCOR following the war was to find homes for the refugees displaced by the war. In Elmira, Harvey O. Hutchinson, member of the Hedding Methodist Church and retired Superintendent of Elmira City Schools, worked as the local liaison arranging homes and jobs for displaced persons from Eastern Europe resettled in the Twin Tiers.
Scope of Collection
The Overseas Relief Papers include case files for displaced persons placed in the Twin Tiers, and assorted administrative papers and correspondence, 1949-1951.