The land that is now Oceanside was originally inhabited by the Rockaway Native Americans, followed by the Dutch, and then the English. Around 1682, the area became known as Christian Hook. Later, it was renamed Oceanville in 1864, Ocean Side 1890, and finally Oceanside 1918.
Most of this collection comes from the Oceanside Historical Society which disbanded in 2011.
Scope of Collection
This collection is made up of 20th century photographs and postcards of Oceanside community life, landscapes, roads, businesses, houses of worship, homes, and residents.