Nursing at Upstate
In 1950, SUNY acquired the Public Health Nursing program from Syracuse University in addition to the College of Medicine. By 1959 Upstate had founded an official School of Nursing, awarding A.A.S. degrees over a two year program. The school functioned until 1976 when it was folded into the College of Health Related Professionals only to emerge as the College of Nursing in 1984.
Scope of Collection
The collection includes items from the original School of Nursing and its joint venture with Cazenovia College, including class photographs, documents, and photographs of Director Maja Anderson & other staff.