Moss Lake Camp was a girl’s camp that was owned and operated by George H. Longstaff from 1923 until 1972. Moss Lake is located between Eagle Bay and Big Moose Lake in the Adirondacks.
Scope of Collection
The collection consists of black-and-white photographs depicting scenes at the Camp. Most of the images are of campers, counselors, and instructors engaged in various athletic activities, including horseback riding, tennis, archery, swimming, canoeing, dancing, fencing, and sailing. Most of the photographs date to the mid-to-late 20th century.