Kenneth R. Dorn Regional History Study Center - David F. Nestle Memorial Collection
The FJ&G railroad originated in 1867 and the first train ran in 1870. The railway consisted of 132-miles of tracks that carried people from all different statures between east central New York and the Schenectady, New York area as well as carrying freight. The railroad carried both steam engine and electric interurban cars. In the 1930s, after the Great Depression, passenger traffic declined, resulting in freight only service. Eventually, the railroad was taken over by the Delaware-Otsego Railroad management company and was officially abandoned in the 1980s.
Scope of Collection
This collection is comprised of the historical records of the Fonda, Johnstown, and Gloversville Railroad.