Blue Point Fire Department Collection
The Blue Point Fire Department was founded in 1890, located on BLue Point Avenue. They originally started off sharing a building with Bob Brown's Grocery Store. They have been serving the community of Blue Point, NY and other local communities for over 125 years with thousands of accounts in land and water rescue. This collection is from the Bayport-Blue Point Library. Founded in 1938, the library serves rhe communities of Bayport and Blue Point on Long Island's south shore.
Scope of Collection
The Blue Point Fire Department Collection contains newspaper clippings, articles, letters and historical photographs of fire department members, local fires, and community events held by the fire department, reconstruction of buildings after fires, and the connections between the community and fire department.