Auburn Old Home Week Parade, 1906
Cayuga County was founded in 1799, on land split from Onondaga County. Cayuga County occupies land which is the traditional territory of the Cayuga and Seneca Nations of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy.
The city of Auburn was founded in 1793. Originally known as Hardenbergh's Corners, the settlement was renamed Auburn in 1805 when it became the county seat. It became an incorporated village in 1815, and was chartered as a city in 1848.
Auburn New York’s Old Home Week, held June 24-29, 1906, was conceived as a celebration of Auburn’s history and a chance for former residents to return to the city. Historical exhibits were set up in store windows and parades, concerts, open houses, and other events were held over the week.
Scope of Collection
This collection contains photographs of a parade held during Auburn’s Old Home Week celebration in June 1906.
This project was supported with federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds allocated to the New York State Library by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).