Collection Facts

Extent: 
15 items
Dates of Original: 
c. 1940 - 1960
NYH Topic Area(s):

Historical Context

Veterans Vocational School, located in Troy, New York, opened in 1946. The college focused on training and preparing World War II Veterans for the workforce after the war had ended. Eventually, board members believed the college needed to broaden its academic offerings. In 1953, the college became known as the Hudson Valley Technical Institute and changed names again in 1959 to Hudson Valley Community College. This is the name the college still possesses today.

Scope of Collection

This collection contains photographs and documents relating to Veterans Vocational School.