Items in New York Heritage are organized into collections, which provide additional context for understanding their significance and meaning.
The Emporium Lumber Company was originally formed in 1892 in Pennsylvania and was dissolved in 1950. The success of the company led to expansion in New York State.
Finch, Pruyn and Company was founded in 1865 when Jeremiah and Daniel Finch, along with Samuel Pruyn, purchased the Glens Falls Company mill in Glens Falls, New York. The company was incorporated in 1900 and paper production began in 1905 and still continues to this day. The last river drive carrying logs from the Adirondack Mountains down the Hudson River occurred in 1950.
Photographs, slides, postcards, books, magazines and other miscellany documenting the history of Massapequa.
This collection contains photographs of the village of Ilion, New York that were affected by an urban revitalization project conducted from 1968-1972.