Items in New York Heritage are organized into collections, which provide additional context for understanding their significance and meaning.
Finch, Pruyn and Company was founded in 1865 when Jeremiah and Daniel Finch, along with Samuel Pruyn, purchased the Glens Falls Company mill in Glens Falls, New York. The company was incorporated in 1900 and paper production began in 1905 and still continues to this day. The last river drive carrying logs from the Adirondack Mountains down the Hudson River occurred in 1950.
Photographs, slides, postcards, books, magazines and other miscellany documenting the history of Massapequa.
Sue Miller Young’s book, A History of the Town of Amherst, New York, 1818-1965, describing the early years of Amherst.
This collection contains photographs of the village of Ilion, New York that were affected by an urban revitalization project conducted from 1968-1972.