Items in New York Heritage are organized into collections, which provide additional context for understanding their significance and meaning.
Images of Oceanside's Bicentennial Celebration.
Contains selected images of photographs in the Octagon Houses Collection. The New York State octagon house files were gathered for use in "Octagon Buildings in New York State," compiled by Ruby M. Rounds of the New York State Historical Association. The information and photographs for the compilation were supplied by Stephen R. Leonard, Sr. Additional photographs and research came from Mrs. K.R.J. Edholm and Bertha Guptill. The original publication of this compilation was in "New York History," Vol. 33, nos. 2 and 3, April and July 1952, edited by Janet R. MacFarlane, Curator, New York State Historical Association.
This collection consists of issues of the Devilog dating between 1946 and 2016.
This collection contains newspaper clippings of Watertown (NY) Daily Times articles written by David F. Lane of old houses in the North Country.
Old Main was the first major building on the SUNY Oneonta campus. After significant deterioration, Old Main was razed in 1977, but the Old Main pillars were saved from the wrecking ball and moved to campus shortly thereafter. The Class of 2008 raised funds to restore the "Pillars of Old Main," which were erected on the SUNY Oneonta campus in 1980 and are proudly displayed on the Upper Quad.