The Voorheesville Public Library was established in 1915 by residents of the Village of Voorheesville to serve as the community's information center. The library was open five hours/week and housed a collection of about 700 books in a space located in the Village Firehouse. In 1929 the library was moved to 32 Main Street until 1988 when the library moved to its current location at 51 School Road where it hosts a collection of nearly 50,000 items. The library’s digital collection includes records documenting the people, places, and events of the Village of Voorheesville and to a lesser extent the Town of New Scotland.
Voorheesville Public Library is a member of the Capital District Library Council.