The MVCC Library was established in 1948 with a collection of 1,600 books. After being located in multiple buildings over the years from 1948-1968, the current Utica Campus Library was opened in 1969, taking up a majority of the second floor of Payne Hall. In 1989, the campus libraries in both Utica and Rome were fully computerized. Both libraries have undergone renovations over the past ten years, and today stand ready to assist patrons, as well as provide resources and support services to students, faculty, staff, and the community.
Mohawk Valley Community College is a member of the Central New York Library Resources Council.