Collections

Adirondack Mines Photograph Collection
This collection of photographs features mines located in the Adirondack region around 1900.
Albany Institute of History and Art Library Digital Images
This collection contains materials related to the history of the city and county of Albany and the Upper Hudson Valley from the 17th century to the present.
Ashokan Reservoir Lost Profit Testimonies

Journals recording testimonies from business owners who lost income due to the construction of the Ashokan Reservoir.

Barge Canal Construction: Middle Division

These photographs document construction of the middle section of the Barge Canal and the first few years of its use, from 1905-1925.

Barge Canal Construction: Western Division

These photographs document construction of the Barge Canal and the first few years of its use, from 1905-1926. Coverage encompasses the entire Western Division of the Barge Canal, from the eastern boundary of Wayne County all the way west to Lake Erie

Businesses of Albany, New York
This collection contains historic photographs of businesses in Albany, New York.
CLRC Archives
The CLRC Archives Collection includes images of member libraries and librarians. The images come from a 1975 slide presentation about the council, formerly known as CENTRO.
Early Canastota Business Collection
The Early Canastota Business Collection contains documents and newspaper clippings about the first businesses in Canastota, NY.
Endicott-area Newspapers
This collection includes many papers that enjoyed short runs, some originating in the old village of Union that merged with Endicott in 1906.
GE Research Lab Photographs
This collection contains images documenting the inventors and inventions of the GE Research Laboratory from 1900 - 1990.
General Electric Historical Documents
The collection features text documents highlighting the history of General Electric and its founders.
General Electric Photographs
This collection contains General Electric publicity photographs taken between 1880 - 1970.
Hanmer Boatshop Photograph Collection
A collection of photographs showing the construction of various boats being built in Willard Hanmer's boat shop in Saranac Lake, NY.
Horne Collection

These photographs were taken from 1904-1914, during construction of the Panama Canal, in locations throughout and beyond the Canal Zone.

Huntington Scrapbook
Scrapbooks containing clippings of early 20th Century Huntington, NY.
Industries of Old New Hartford Collection
Photographs and postcards depicting early industries in New Hartford, New York during the late 19th century to mid-20th century.
Kenneth R. Dorn Regional History Study Center - David F. Nestle Memorial Collection
This collection is comprised of the historical records of the Fonda, Johnstown, and Gloversville Railroad.
Kingston, New York Shop Interiors circa 1914

Interior photographs of stores and shops in Kingston, NY.

Lenox Memorial Hospital Collection
The Lenox Memorial Hospital Collection contains documents and newspaper clippings about the hospital that served the area in the early to mid-twentieth century.
Locust Historical Collection

Historical photographs and postcards of Locust Valley, NY.

Locust Valley Historical Collection
Historical photographs and postcards of Locust Valley, NY.
Long Beach Bridge Construction Photographs
Black and white photographs of the construction of the new Long Beach Bridge.
Lumber Camp Mission Slide Collection
Presbyterian missionaries visited many Adirondack lumber camps in the early 20th century. This collection of glass lantern slides depicts their visits at the camps, as well as the loggers and logging industry.
Madden Collection

Historic glass negatives, prints, and postcards depicting the Erie Canal and other waterways in New York and Canada from the collection of Emily and J. Hayward Madden of Livonia, NY

Nancy Fitzroy standing between two seated male colleagues at the GE Research Center. There is a chalkboard with writing on it behind them.

Papers of one of the first female engineering graduates of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 1949.