Collections

La Bella America: From the Old Country to the North Country
A collection of recorded interviews with Italian-Americans living in the Watertown Area
LaFayette Yearbooks
This collection contains yearbooks from LaFayette High School, 1920 - 2001.
Lake Placid Public Library Photograph Archive
This collection consists of historical photos, newspaper articles, postcards, and some personal notes of people, places, sports, and businesses pertaining to the Town of North Elba and Village of Lake Placid as created by Town and Village Historians Mary MacKenzie (1964-2001) and Beverley Reid (2001
Lake View Cemetery Records
Cemetery records from Lake View Cemetery in Jamestown, New York.
Lantern Slide Collection
Lantern Slides, on various topics, from the Freeport Memorial Library’s Long Island Room collection.
Lantern Slides - Palisades Interstate Park Commission

Glass lantern slides from the late 1910s and 1920s depicting landscapes, plants, and wildlife in park lands.

Laura Abigail Gosline Scrapbook

Scrapbook created by Laura Abigail Gosline during her time at the New Paltz Normal School from 1915-1917

First page of The Laurentian, January 1888

This publication contains news, features, opinion, and other writings of students at St. Lawrence University.

League of Women Voters of Amherst
Documents relating to the Amherst League of Women Voters in the mid to late 20th century.
League of Women Voters of Buffalo Niagara
Newsletters, newspaper articles, publications, meeting minutes and scrapbooks chronicling the history of the League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization from the early 20th century to present day.
Leah Catharine Deyo Jessup Collection

Correspondence related to Leah Catharine Deyo, as well as portraits of her family.

Lectures - Special Guests
Canisius College has hosted numerous noted dignitaries, politicians, and other public leaders from the early twentieth century to the present.
Lemuel Wiles' painting titled, Last Day of Summer

Paintings, sketches, and letters written by members of the Wiles Family including Lemuel Wiles, Rachel Ramsey Wiles, and Irving Wiles.

Lenox Memorial Hospital Collection
The Lenox Memorial Hospital Collection contains documents and newspaper clippings about the hospital that served the area in the early to mid-twentieth century.
Leo Bock’s wife, Lillian Bock and their two children, Walter and Marie in a field of daisies in Lynbrook, NY. Circa 1912.

Images of Lynbrook captured by Leo H. Bock, a long time Lynbrook resident.

Leonard Cooke

Photos and documents related to Nyack history, from the collection of Leonard Cooke, Nyack resident and activist.

Leonard Family
This collection contains photographs, news articles, and documents related to the Leonard Family of Middleburgh, New York area.
Levittown History Collection
Historic photographs of Levittown, NY.
Roosevelt Raceway

The Lew Barasch Roosevelt Raceway Collection contains photographs and press information generated by the track, highlighting the races, people, celebrities and special events that made up the life of this popular venue.

Lewis H. Brown Collection
The Lewis H. Brown Collection consists of sixty-four letters written by Lewis Henry Brown, Lewis’ brother Burritt Brown, and Albert Ransom, Burritt Brown’s friend and tent-mate.
The Liberator
A collection of the noted abolitionist newspaper, The Liberator, dating from the mid-19th century and Civil War era.
Liberty High School Yearbooks

Digitized copies of the Liberty High School yearbook, Libertas.

Library History
This collection documents the library’s early years (1957-1969), beginning through the initiative of the Westbrook Women’s Club.
Library History Collection
This collection contains photographs and documents that share the history of the Saratoga Springs Public Library.
Photo of flower bed outside the front of the library with small bushes and flowers. Goff-Nelson sign on side of building also shown.

This series documents the history of the Goff-Nelson Memorial Library from 1963 to approximately 2010. The series includes original construction during the 1970s, the addition of the children’s wing in 1999, and parking lot construction.