Newburgh Organizational Records
As Newburgh Parish grew into a village and town, churches became central to the community’s stability and welfare. Although Newburgh began as a Lutheran parish, within a century Reformed Protestant churches gained strength and their records tell a tale of social charity and power. The volunteer Fire Department, chartered back in 1797, remained an independent civic organization through the first decades of the 20th Century.
Scope of Collection
This collection contains late 18th century Fire Company records and 19th century Church records from Newburgh, NY.