Roslyn is a village in Nassau County, New York, on the North Shore of Long Island. Roslyn was initially settled in the year 1633. The village was once called Hempstead Harbor, but its name changed to Roslyn on September 7, 1844 due to postal confusion regarding all the other "Hempsteads" scattered about Long Island.
The Bryant Library is the oldest continuing library in Nassau County.
Scope of Collection
The collection consists of over 300 historic postcards of Roslyn depicting its inhabitants, businesses, places of worship, various buildings, and natural features. The bulk of the postcards are black and white with some being hand colored, the collection dates from the early 20th Century.