Polster Photographs of Lockport, NY

Mr. Edwin Polster (1910-1996) was for many years the chief photographer at Harrison Radiator Division (later known as Delphi Harrison Radiator Division, then Delphi Thermal Systems), Lockport, NY, and it was his hobby to record the architectural history of Lockport. This collection contains over 500 photographs of Lockport, NY, with concentrations on downtown and the businesses there during the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s; shots of the Erie Canal from various vantage points and at differing times of the year; and pictures of most of Lockport's schools, churches, civil buildings, and industries.

Collection owner: Lockport Public Library; Nioga Library System

To browse specific topics within this collection, use the following links:

Bridges

Churches

Erie Canal

Main Street

Schools