Daniel Dumych Collection
The Daniel Dumych Collection comprises images of the history of the development of the hydro-electric power industry in Niagara Falls, NY. The black-and-white images were taken in the late 19th and 20th centuries. The images show the construction/operation of the Adams Power Plant. This was the first power plant in Niagara Falls that transmitted electricity using alternating current. The images are of the interior and exterior of the plant. Also included are images of Tesla generators and a 1901 register of visitors that Thomas Edison signed.
Collection owner: Niagara County Historical Society